Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Get To Know Ms. Beeker

Hello! My name is Julie Beeker. I am extremely excited that I will be your teacher! I grew up in a very rural area in NW Ohio (we have one traffic light). I graduated from Bowling Green State University and then ventured to Columbus, where I received my teaching license from Ashland University. I completed my student teaching at Souders with Lisa Andrews in 3rd grade. This is my fourth year teaching third grade, last year I was at BWE. I taught 1st grade at Souders for two years. I was also a reading intervention teacher and taught 3rd grade in Casa Grande (south of Phoenix), Arizona for two years. I have many great teaching strategies and ideas to share from my experiences and I am sure I will learn many more this year too. My goal is to make learning both engaging and purposeful. Hometown-Gibsonburg, High School-Gibsonburg High School (Golden Bears!), College(s)-Bowling Green State University & Ashland University, Favorite Sport/team-OSU, Browns and Boston Celtics, Favorite Travel Spots-Mexico, Caribbean, Key West, Laguna Beach, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Nashville, Chicago and New York City, Favorite Food-Apples & Peanut Butter & Mexican, Favorite Candy-Milky Ways and M&M's, Favorite Color-Yellow, Favorite things-hike @ Highbanks Metro Park, swim at sister's pool with family, read, cook and play with my cat, Sullivan